Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Curve Appeal



Did you ever stop to wonder if you're a geometric, straight, linear design kind of person, or a curvilinear, more rounded type? Well, me? I love anything curved, loopy, rounded, swirled...you get the idea. I do appreciate geometrics and linear design elements, however, for me to find balance in it, it must be infused with some type of rounded element. Take a look at some ways I've added curve appeal to my interiors that I've designed (and an interior that I just love, but didn't design):


Photo by Artografi
Custom carpet designed by me and fabricated by Luzern Carpets. Installed by Floor Decor, Lindenhurst, IL. The installer inset the  wavy patterned carpet into an installed stone tiled border. The faux finish on the wall is a painted frame around a framed piece of art. Artist is Art View, Wheeling, IL.

Photo by Artografi
Custom area rug that I designed and had fabricated by Custom Carpet Artistry, Arlington Heights, IL. The hand carving and curved edges mirror the scalloped sheer draperies. Private residence.




 Photo by Stephanie Nickolson

Bedroom furniture and decor at Christopher Guy showroom, Winnetka, IL. I didn't design this room, but ask me about how it can be yours! Take a look at their other collections at www.christopherguy.com     gorgeous stuff!
Photo by Stephanie Nickolson


 Another custom carpet that I designed and had Custom Carpet Artistry fabricate and install on a staircase. Private residence.



Photo by Artografi
Same artist, Art View, painted a curved faux finish accent on wall to delineate the office/loft area. 


Photo by Stephanie Nickolson
As you can see, I do have a lot of fun with carpet~ Same designer, same rug fabricator!


And now, I'm running out of time and I haven't mentioned anything GREEN in this blog, so here's FYGI: (for your green information) I attended Chicago's Green Festival this past Sunday and it was really a great show. So many products were labeled as "fair trade". To define what "fair trade" really means, it's products that were produced under socially, environmentally, environmentally and economically sustainable conditions. TransFair USA is the only independent, non-profit certifier of Fair Trade products in the U.S. The Fair Trade Certified label provides a way for consumers to know that these products meet these global standards. Oh, and yes, I bought a cool, curvy cuff bracelet!

Happy Spring!


















































































No comments:

Post a Comment