Tuesday, December 6, 2011

One Of A Kind Show At The Chicago Merchandise Mart

earth; without art, life is just "eh"... I'm not sure where I got this quote from, but I love it.

Last week, I had the priviledge of attending Chicago's One Of A Kind Show at the Merchandise Mart. Although pressed for time, I got to see some of the best crafters that I have ever seen. I'm spotlighting some of them here. I only wish that I could have spent a few days there to see all 600 exhibitor's creations. I'll link to each website for more info on each artist. Kudos to etsy, an unbelievable online marketplace showcasing artists from all over the world. On their site, you can read their blog, see thousands of artists work, sell your own stuff, buy from others, or just get inspired! As they say, there is something unique for everyone.
me at the etsy booth

I can't say enough about etsy, so please check them out at www.etsy.com They had a make-your-own paper ornament table that was so creative and fun.



Goods are made from recycled bottle glass

Bentbottle's owner, Bryan Northup, is based out of Oak Park, IL. His company fabricates beautiful home furnishings such as lighting and bowls made of colored recycled glass bottles. www.bentbottle.etsy.com

Michael Szabo's beautiful metal vases
Michael Szabo, based out of San francisco, is an incredibly creative sculptor. The medium he works with inludes stainless steel and bronze metals. His work ranges from these beautiful vases to large commissioned works, such as a large fountain design at the California Avenue Caltrain Station in Palo Alto, CA.
http://www.szaboworks.com/
waterfall metal sculpture by Michael Szabo
Kristen Kruchowski's tree stump furniture
Kristen Kruchowski creates tree stump furniture that she sands down giving the stumps a smooth finish and coats the tops with a metallic silver paint. I love the eco-glam combo! (She's also based in Chicago, another fact that I love; local) Her products can be seen and purchased at www.TheElizabethElement.etsy.com
Tom Sourlis is the creator of beautiful glass pieces that are one-of-a-kind with an organic vibe. He designs a plethora of products; from lamps to architectural tiles to jewelry bits. Very stunning pieces! To view more, go to www.sourlisglassstudio.com
Sourlis Glass Studio

 You just can't get any greener than this! Great gifts for the holidays or any other time, just because.          
May the holidays bring you close to your family and friends. Wishing you all peace and happiness. Until next time,  HAPPY HOLIDAYS!                                                                
                                                                                     ~ Stephanie

1 comment:

  1. * The tree trunk furniture by Kristen does not show the silver painted tops in this blog, as I took these photos from her website. The ones that she exhibited at the show did have the silver on them and are available.

    ReplyDelete